The DCDC1100 creates local distributed supply voltage for instrumentation or robotics in high radiation environments.
DCDC1100 is a single-phase synchronous buck converter developed to provide an efficient solution for the distribution of power in High Energy Physics experiments. As such, it has been designed for flawless functionality in a harsh radiation and magnetic field environment. The monolithic construction of DCDC1100, with the integration of the power train and the bootstrap diode with the controller, makes the converter a space-efficient solution to provide POL regulation from a 5-12V supply rail. Its protection features include Over-Current, Over-Temperature and Input Under-Voltage to improve system-level security in the event of fault conditions. The chip temperature increase in the application can be monitored via a dedicated analog signal (PTAT).
- TID up to >2 MGy(Si)
- SET/SEU: > 65 MeV∙cm²/mg
Continuous 4 A load capability
- Integrated Power N-channel MOSFETs
- Adjustable switching frequency 1-3 MHz
- Synchronous Buck topology with continuous mode operation
- High bandwidth feedback loop (150 KHz) for good transient performance
- Over-current protection
- Over-temperature protection
- Input under-voltage lockup
- Line protection
- Fusion reactors
- Power plants
- Radiation hardened cameras