The RDC1001 is a radiation tolerant resolver and LVDT to digital converter. The RDC1001 is designed to readout the angular information from a resolver or the linear distortion information from an LVDT. The RDC1001 is capable of reading the position of a resolver or LVDT in a 16-bit resolution at the speed of 40k samples/s.
Gain and offset trimming is available to calibrate the system for a specific resolver or LVDT to achieve maximum performance. Sine and cosine reference signals can be foreseen.
A serial interface is provided to configure internal register settings and read the fault status (LOS and DOS). Sensor data is obtained through the SPI interface.
- TID tolerance: >1 MGy
- SEL: >100 MeV·cm²/mg
- SET/SEU: >60 MeV·cm²/mg
Key technical specifications
- Temperature range: -50 to 125 °C
- Input voltage range: 1.2 Vpp
- Resolution: 16 bits
- Diagnostic features
– Loss of tracking (LOS)
– Degradation of signal (DOS)
- Phase lock range: -45 to 45 °
- Accuracy: 9 Arcmin
- Tracking rate: 9000 rpm
- Sampling rate: 40k sample/s
- Settling time: 30ms
- DC and AC servo motor control
- Electric power steering
- Electric vehicles
- Automated motion sensing and control
- Remote handling
- Spacecraft / satellite attitude control